The completion of a needs assessment is a required by the State of Wyoming, Wyoming Department of Health, Community Services Programs, and is a pre-requisite to a local entity receiving Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) funds. The goal of the Carbon County Community Survey of Services and Needs was to provide input to the Carbon County Community Action Committee in preparing the Community Action Plan. The Carbon County Community Action Committee (Tripartite Board) consists of nine members with three members being elected officials, three elected low income represntatives and three community at large members. The Plan determines the need for Community Service Block Grant Funds, and assists the Board in determining the best uses for those funds. It was the intent of the assessment to answer the following questions:
- What is the extent of poverty in the county?
- What factors support the creation of poverty?
- What factors exacerbate the impacts of poverty?
- What services and resources are currently available to offset the creation or impacts of poverty?
- What are the priorities for meeting needs?
- What are the barriers to services? (i.e., knowledge, getting to the resources, childcare)
You can download or print the Community Needs Assessment by clicking the appropriate link below (this is a somewhat large document and may take a little while to load in your viewer).
2009 Community Needs Assessment
2012 Community Needs Assessment
2015 Community Needs Assessment
2018 Community Needs Assessment
2018 Appendices A-D1
2018 Appendices D2-G