Current Carbon County Public Health Job's Available
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Explore the opportunities of living in the breathtaking west, where there is no state income tax and where deer and antelope cause the majority of any traffic jams! In Rawlins, you will find year round opportunities for recreation in the nearby Sierra Madre and Snowy Range Mountains, with hiking, boating, wild life, solitude of the winding mountain streams and the miles of blue-ribbon trout fishing, river float trips, and miles of cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling. Rawlins’s cost of living is 9% lower than the U.S. average, has a friendly small town atmosphere, and is becoming a hub of renewable energy.
The Wyoming Department of Health offers a competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, State Retirement and Deferred Compensation Program, longevity pay and opportunities for advancement.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-6780 email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Performs nursing assessment, diagnosis, treatment & evaluation according to the ANA’s Public Health Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice.
- Arranges for and conducts nursing clinics and classes; teaching individuals and groups about health promotion and disease prevention.
- Determines priorities and responsibilities based on public health core functions and essential services.
- Administers adult and child vaccines per program protocols and best practices.
- Performs majority of walk-in clinics applying the nursing process, guidelines and orders, and appropriate documentation.
- Works with nurse manager and public health response coordinator in relation to emergency preparedness activities.
- Provides Family Planning Services, HIV/STI testing, Ryan White case management, TB testing, Maternal and Child home visitation, lactation counseling, participates in local community outreach, and performs Lt101 assessments.
Preference will be given to a BSN with work experience in public health nursing.
- Knowledge of laws, principles, practices and techniques of professional nursing.
- Knowledge of the maintenance of medical records, charts, reports, and observations.
- Knowledge of principles of nursing process and scientific process.
- Knowledge of public healthcare functions and essential services.
- Knowledge of applying medical diagnosis and treatment to patient care.
- Knowledge of scientific concepts as a basis for decision making.
- Knowledge of physical, biological and behavioral sciences.
- Knowledge of evaluation services and programs according to standards.
- Knowledge of work management and leadership theory and practice.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local law pertaining to healthcare.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree (typically in Nursing) Experience:0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Nursing) with acquired knowledge at the level of an LPN
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Wyoming OR
- Education & Experience Substitution:3-5 years of progressive work experience (typically in Nursing) with acquired knowledge at the level of an LPN Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Wyoming
- Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to:
- Lift medical equipment of varying sizes and weights up to about 50 lbs.
- Travel throughout the state and to national conferences, if requested.
- Work evenings, nights and /or weekends when the situation requires it.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Execute a release of personnel records to the Board of County Commissioners, to be used on an as-needed basis.
- Complete an Employee Health Assessment, which includes verification of immunity to vaccine preventable diseases. If the successful applicant is found to be non-immune, vaccination will be required, unless medically contraindicated.
- Yearly influenza vaccination is also required, unless medically contraindicated.
- BLS/CPR for Healthcare Professionals is required.
- Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation, Department of Family Services and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Supplemental Information
048-Wyoming Department of Health - Public Health - Community Health - Public Health Nursing
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
Part Time Nurse- Rawlins Office
- State of Wyoming
- See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, Wyoming, 82002