Current Carbon County Public Health Job's Available
Carbon County Public Health
Temporary Job Opportunity
Job Title: Case Investigator
Reports To: Nurse Manager
Location: Carbon County WY
Under supervision of a Carbon County Public Health Nurse Manager, performs community contact tracing resulting from contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19. Responsibilities include calling individuals who have been in contact with a diagnosed individual to gather their contacts and document a symptom check, call every contact, gather information about their contacts, refer them for testing according to established protocols, and provide patients with connection to resources as needed.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients.
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Collect and record information on symptoms into the Client REDCAP Database.
- Provide contacts with approved information about quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to other social resources.
- Contact tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop. They are not permitted to deviate from the script or provide information that is not included in the script.
- Maintain daily contact with supervisor.
- Supports the relationship between the Carbon County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; AND experience working in a health, human service, or community-based organization preferred; OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Required Knowledge of:
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and retrieval systems, correspondence formats and the operation of standard office equipment.
- Maintaining confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Principles of organizing information, record keeping, and confidential records management.
- English usage, spelling, vocabulary, grammar, proofreading, and punctuation.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, agencies, and the public.
- Business computers, standard MS Office software applications, specialized software applications and internet technologies.
Required Skills in:
- Working independently, maintaining composure and confidentiality, and working effectively in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Communicating effectively, in a positive and professional manner.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment.
- Providing empathetic customer service and support to distressed individuals.
- Following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Planning, prioritizing, and completing assignments with minimum supervision.
- Use computer applications related to the work, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Building collaborative and effective working relationships with staff, elected officials, boards, outside agencies, and members of the public to meet mutual goals and objectives.
- Individuals selected for employment are required to:
- Follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided by the District Health Officer and comply with training regarding confidential information related to personal health information.
- Successfully complete CDC Health Trace Data System Training.
- Successfully complete Wyoming Health Department HIPAA training.
- CDC Primary Components of Case Investigation and Case Investigation Protocol Trainings
- Minimum requirements for personal computer software, hardware, and internet:
- Web browser able to run Office 365(Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera or Microsoft Edge)
- Contact Tracing will operate 7 days a week between the hours of 7:00am and 8:00pm. Evening or weekend work may be required.
- Contact tracers will be provided with a cell phone and computer as needed.
- Working from home and/or office may be required.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
How to Apply
Please send applications and/or resumes to:
Amanda Brown, Nurse Manager- email@example.com
Or bring resume to 812 E Murray St, Rawlins, WY 82301
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.